Saturday, May 12, 2012

Home Again

Home after my first year of college is a bit strange, but I am enjoying slowly easing into a routine. I need to work like crazy this summer, but right now I'm just taking it easy unpacking and readjusting. I love the blooms in our backyard, from the mums to the antique deep pink roses. Hank, our lab/mastiff mix, and our chocolate lab, Ainsley, both enjoy sleeping the day away while the kids are at school while I savor my homemade chai tea latte and my new read, No Higher Honor by former Sectary of State Condoleezza Rice. After I heard her speak at Baylor a couple of months back, I have really wanted to read her memoir and see her point of view on the issues and events that went down while she was in Washington. The love of my life knew I wanted the book, so he secretly ordered the book online and had it shipped to my dorm. I was extremely pleased and irked he had spent money on me again-something I am learning to accept and appreciate.

Tomorrow is more unpacking and reorganizing. Can't wait to really enjoy summer by the poolside, but that may be awhile because of my hectic new work schedule this next week! I hope you are doing well and enjoying this nice spring weather and summer freedom. Happy Mother's Day too! Much love, Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment