Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mind is Full of Strawberries

You know you have been at work to long when you close your eyes and all you see is strawberries. For a change of pace, I was asked to come in to dip strawberries in chocolate for the Mother's Day special. Honestly, I quite enjoyed it and would love to do it again. The process overall was a bit tedious, from washing the berries, to drying them, to cutting off the stems, to dipping them, drizzling more chocolate over them, packaging and finally wrapping the strawberries to be sold throughout the store. My favorite part, by far, was dipping the vibrant red berries into the giant warming bowls of milk and dark chocolate. I didn't cheat until the very end, when I was about to wash the huge bowls of chocolate. I snuck a tiny lick of dark chocolate at the bottom of the bowl before pouring the rest down the drain. It was painful to do. 

More and more I am considering going into business. I would love to run my own bakery one day. I love sweets, and I love making things work and coming up with strategies with how to make things more effective and more marketable. I understand that business is so much more than just that, but I feel such a elation when planning and making and putting things together, and making sweets. Of course, I would hire someone to professionally bake the wonderful sweets, but I would love to help and contribute input and come up with how to sell the beautiful creations.  

Who knows where I will be in five years, or ten or even fifteen. I do know that wherever I am, whatever I am doing, I will be dipping strawberries and baking sweets, if not at least for myself and my family. I wish all the wonderful mothers in the world a sweet and lovely Mother's Day! Much love, Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment